|Country • Capital • Flags|
| Continents • Countries • Cities • Mountains • Oceans • Seas • Lakes • Rivers and canals • |
National parks • Forum • Chat • Blogs • Polls • Photos • Videos
Santa Monica is a city in Los Angeles County surrounded by Los Angeles on 3 sides. As of 2006,the population is 88,050 people and the population density is 10,178.7 people per square mile. on average, Santa Monica has 325 sunny days a year.A normal spring day is 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
Partly because of its agreeable climate, Santa Monica had become a famed resort town by the early 20th century. The city has experienced a boom since the late 1980s through the revitalization of its downtown core, significant job growth and increased tourism.
Local Attractions Edit
- Santa Monica Beach - Waterports & Recreation
- Santa Monica Pier - Famous 1909 Beachfront Landmark and Carnival
- Santa Monica Museum of Art - Art Museum
- 3rd Street Promenade - Shopping Venue
Shopping Districts Edit
Santa Monica has three main shopping districts, Each of these districts has its own unique feel and personality.
- Montana Avenue on the north side of the city,
- Downtown District in the city's core
- Main Street on the south end of the city.
Local Transportation Edit
Some Methods of transportation include:
- Santa Monica Freeway
- U.S. Historic Route66
- Santa Monica Boulevard
- Interstate 405
- Big Blue Bus
- Santa Monica Airport