|Country • Capital • Flags|
| Continents • Countries • Cities • Mountains • Oceans • Seas • Lakes • Rivers and canals • |
National parks • Forum • Chat • Blogs • Polls • Photos • Videos
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- Hotel De Syloia - I stayed here in December 1999 and was very impressed by the friendly staff and clean rooms. It is well located and a good value. The managers gave us a nice basket of gifts on Christmas Eve and invited everyone in the hotel to a free brunch. The front desk was very willing to arrange any travel/tours for us. I would certainly stay there again.
- Thuy Nga Hotel - Ta Hien street Hoan Kiem district of downtown Hanoi - I stayed here for about a week in 2006 and had a great time. Friendly hotel staff, no curfew. I had a room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the street outside. Nice central location only a few blocks away from Hoan Kiem lake in the town center.
- Mausoleum of President Ho Chi Minh - Viewing Ho Chi Minh in the flesh is a must do.
- Library of Literature -
- Famous Water Puppets - This is fascinating art, but do this only if you really like puppets.
- Perfume Pagoda is a day trip from Hanoi. A bus trip of 60 or 70 km to a river followed by a ride in a small boat typically paddled by an older woman to the base of the Perfume Pagoda trail. The hike up takes 1–2 hours. 
At a distanceEdit
- Ha Long Bay and Cat Ba Island can be done in one night/two days trip from Hanoi.
- Sapa - we took an overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai and then grabbed a van from there to Sapa, which is along the China border. Several minority hill tribes live nearby, farm the terraces of rice and come to the open air markets in Sapa. The area is stunning and rich in history, colorful people and views.
- Khai Silk - 96 Hang Gai St. Tel: 825-4237 - Beautiful silk shirts, pillowcases, napkins, etc.
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to HanoiEdit
Practical information and resourcesEdit
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.