|Country • Capital • Flags|
|Continents • Countries • Cities • Mountains • Oceans • Seas • Lakes • Rivers and canals • |
National parks • Forum • Chat • Blogs • Polls • Photos • Videos
- 1 Hotels and lodging
- 2 Attractions
- 3 Shopping
- 4 Maps and transportation
- 5 Practical information and resources
- 6 Restaurants
- 7 Nightlife
- 8 Photo gallery
- 9 Everything else
- 10 External resources
Hotels and lodging[edit | edit source]
Attractions[edit | edit source]
- The University of California, Berkeley- A beautiful and historic campus with a unique population.
- Grizzly Peak- Breathtaking views of the East Bay and San Francisco.
- The Campanile- Take an elevator ride up to see the entire UC Berkeley campus.
- Greek Theater- Many of the greats have played here. It is best to see a show here, but check it out anyways.
- Telegraph Avenue- Great street jewelry, art, and local culture.
- Asian Ghetto- All types of Asian food at affordable prices. On Durant Ave.
- Gourmet Ghetto- A little more pricey, but nice restaurants. Known for Chez Panisse and the counterculture food movement. On Shattuck near Rose & Hearst.
- Fourth Street- An upscale shopping district in Berkeley. Here you can find various cafe's, Aveda, MAC makeup and the Discovery Store to name a few.
- Strawberry Canyon- Great recreation place for runners, bikers and hikers.
- Lawrence Hall of Science- Great place to take kids (and adults) to learn about science. Synonymous with Grizzly Peak.
Shopping[edit | edit source]
Maps and transportation[edit | edit source]
Getting to Berkeley[edit | edit source]
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): The Richmond Train. If you get off at Downtown Berkeley, you will exit on Shattuck Ave. Telegraph can be reached via the 51 bus.
Exploring Berkeley[edit | edit source]
Practical information and resources[edit | edit source]
Restaurants[edit | edit source]
Mexican[edit | edit source]
- Cancun Taqueria - Great Mexican food complete with cactus and mango salsa.
Thai[edit | edit source]
- Hua Hin Thai Restaurant & Grill - 2190 Bancroft Way - The best Thai iced tea. A nice sit-down place (bring family or a date) with good service. Don't forget to rub the golden elephant for good luck on your way out!
Breakfast[edit | edit source]
- Anne's Kitchen - 2498 Telegraph Ave. (510)548-8885- huge breakfasts!
[edit | edit source]
Nightlife[edit | edit source]
Photo gallery[edit | edit source]
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
Everything else[edit | edit source]
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
External resources[edit | edit source]
Add links to other sites here
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.