|Country • Capital • Flags|
| Continents • Countries • Cities • Mountains • Oceans • Seas • Lakes • Rivers and canals • |
National parks • Forum • Chat • Blogs • Polls • Photos • Videos
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- The University of California, Berkeley- A beautiful and historic campus with a unique population.
- Grizzly Peak- Breathtaking views of the East Bay and San Francisco.
- The Campanile- Take an elevator ride up to see the entire UC Berkeley campus.
- Greek Theater- Many of the greats have played here. It is best to see a show here, but check it out anyways.
- Telegraph Avenue- Great street jewelry, art, and local culture.
- Asian Ghetto- All types of Asian food at affordable prices. On Durant Ave.
- Gourmet Ghetto- A little more pricey, but nice restaurants. Known for Chez Panisse and the counterculture food movement. On Shattuck near Rose & Hearst.
- Fourth Street- An upscale shopping district in Berkeley. Here you can find various cafe's, Aveda, MAC makeup and the Discovery Store to name a few.
- Strawberry Canyon- Great recreation place for runners, bikers and hikers.
- Lawrence Hall of Science- Great place to take kids (and adults) to learn about science. Synonymous with Grizzly Peak.
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to BerkeleyEdit
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): The Richmond Train. If you get off at Downtown Berkeley, you will exit on Shattuck Ave. Telegraph can be reached via the 51 bus.
Practical information and resourcesEdit
- Cancun Taqueria - Great Mexican food complete with cactus and mango salsa.
- Hua Hin Thai Restaurant & Grill - 2190 Bancroft Way - The best Thai iced tea. A nice sit-down place (bring family or a date) with good service. Don't forget to rub the golden elephant for good luck on your way out!
- Anne's Kitchen - 2498 Telegraph Ave. (510)548-8885- huge breakfasts!
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.